Old September 21st 05, 03:34 PM
Sherry Starr

I am going through knee problems myself. I have had arthroscopic surgery on
both knees in the last 15-20 years. The last surgery on my right knee was
because I had a torn Meniscus and arthrtitis. I had very little problem
with that surgery, but the surgery on my left knee was bad. I was still on
crutches 3 months after surgery. Everyone heals differently. Talk to your
surgeon. I know that 3 weeks seems like a long time, but it really isn't.
My orthopedic surgeon is now trying the hyaluronic acid injections in each
knee every week for 5 weeks. This is a natural substance in your body that
helps lubricate joints. If this doesn't work, then I will have both knees
replaced. I had my third injections yesterday, and I can't tell any
difference, but he said he can feel a difference. I am 58, and I know they
always want to wait as long as they can before the do the knee replacements.
Please feel free to email me off group if you have any questions.

Sherry Starr

"pami" wrote in message
Okay...I want everybody to be honest. I just had knee surgery and it
wasn't a replacement but I am not healing well at all. I had a torn
Menicus as well as Arthitis with Chondromalcia.. I still can't put full
weight on my left leg and still in pain on Percocet after 3 weeks to the
date. My doctor told me it was bad when he went in to repair the grade 3
tear. I know my next option is a knee replacement and I am only 50.
Tomorrow I will see the doctor again and I have to be upfront. I think
his surgery failed and I am not getting better but worse.

Please let me know if any of you have head a knee replacement and what am
I up against. I would hope to feel better than I do now. I can't live in
this bone on bone pain. I am sitting down now....comfortable but when I
go to get up...I can't even bear weight on the left leg and my right leg
is so tired. I have a walker as well as a cane but miss walking using
both feet! I have that cyro-cuff I borrowed form my neighbor who had
surgery. The ice helps some. My doctor hasn't ordered me any physical
therapy as of yet. I do have a hot tub on my deck that I can't get in
yet. My husband ordered the steps for it. After 3 weeks+ of pain I am
feeling hopeless and wonder if the replacement would be the answer? How
long does a replacement last?

I did receive some fabric in the mail the other day and I wanted so much
to get my rotary cutter out and cut but couldn't stand long enough so for
now I will just build my stash.

Pami