Old September 21st 05, 02:45 PM
pami

Default knee replacement help

Okay...I want everybody to be honest. I just had knee surgery and it wasn't
a replacement but I am not healing well at all. I had a torn Menicus as
well as Arthitis with Chondromalcia.. I still can't put full weight on my
left leg and still in pain on Percocet after 3 weeks to the date. My doctor
told me it was bad when he went in to repair the grade 3 tear. I know my
next option is a knee replacement and I am only 50. Tomorrow I will see the
doctor again and I have to be upfront. I think his surgery failed and I am
not getting better but worse.

Please let me know if any of you have head a knee replacement and what am I
up against. I would hope to feel better than I do now. I can't live in this
bone on bone pain. I am sitting down now....comfortable but when I go to
get up...I can't even bear weight on the left leg and my right leg is so
tired. I have a walker as well as a cane but miss walking using both feet!
I have that cyro-cuff I borrowed form my neighbor who had surgery. The ice
helps some. My doctor hasn't ordered me any physical therapy as of yet. I
do have a hot tub on my deck that I can't get in yet. My husband ordered
the steps for it. After 3 weeks+ of pain I am feeling hopeless and wonder
if the replacement would be the answer? How long does a replacement last?

I did receive some fabric in the mail the other day and I wanted so much to
get my rotary cutter out and cut but couldn't stand long enough so for now I
will just build my stash.

Pami