Old June 29th 05, 08:23 PM
Glen Sayers

Thanks, I'll be very surprised if I run out of power but never say never.

I was thinking about getting some large rivets, popping out the nail and
using them as surrounds.

With regards to replacing, the way I've done it is specifically so I can get
them out the back of the house.

I'm making my house front access and display only. The back and back roof
will be screwed on and "dads" place only for maintenance.

I'm mounting it on a 6 wheeled castored base with 1000 year old swamp Kauri
Tree trim donated by a mate.

Looks nice so far. Beautifully rich timber.

Cheers
Glen

"Glen Sayers" wrote in message
Because a) I'm making a "modern" style house and I want things clear for
little hands, I'd like to use 12V 3mm 50mah wheat grain lights mounted

into
the ceiling for most of my rooms. Is this ok or a fire hazard or just not
done for some reason?

I'm going to drill and mount one bulb and run it for several hours tonight
as a test but maybe someone's got a better idea? Super bright led's? I

know
they put out a lot of light?

Obviously I'm trying to make as many fittings as I can.

My power supply is 0-12V 5amp variable with current limiting. ie 60 watts

so
power supply shouldn't be a problem. I'd just hate to turn on the lights

and
have the house burn down followed by the house burning down. Cheers
Glen