Old October 19th 03, 06:31 PM
Dr. Quilter

Hi Marcella..

free motion-ing with a darning foot, feed dogs down. I have no problem
with the walking foot, or with piecing. The pulling comes from the fact
that it is hard to manouver the quilt. It is not hanging, since I have
the machine at table level, and against a wall. It is laminate, so it
should glide. I think it might be related to the fact that it is an edge
and I don't have good control over the right side (rolled quilt to the
left of the SM, right edge of the quilt under needle, not much left on
the right to put my hand on).

Are you using a walking foot or doing free motion quilting? I'm trying
to understand your description of "pulling" are you actually pulling on
the fabric to make the curve or are you really just guiding it with your
hands? If you actually have to pull, it may be that your quilt is
hanging off the table or otherwise dragging on something and this is the
problem. Those poor little feed dogs are just not strong enough to lift
a quilt off the side of the table and under the needle for quilting.

marcella

--
Dr. Quilter
Ambassador of Extraordinary Aliens