Old November 1st 09, 11:07 AM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
NightMist

Default OT trick or treat

I am amazed.

Our house has gotten a rep, and we get a lot of trick or treaters.
We put the goodies in a small pirate chest and tell the kids to take
two things. Usually the chest is full of those half sized candy bars,
packages of microwave popcorn, instant mulled cider, and hot cocoa,
with a couple of bags of lollipops or pixie stix tossed in for color.
This year DH tossed in a case of chicken ramen just to see...

The take it home and have it hot things are always very popular, but
gosh!
This year we gave out over 80 packages of microwave popcorn, I had to
raid the pantry to see if we had any on the shelves! We also got
flattened so far as the hot drink mixes, and all the ramen noodles are
gone!
The most popular candy was the Harry Potter Blood Lollipops, all the
kids knew what those were on sight. I still have a few left though.

I have chocolate left!

Food (such as it is) flew out the door, and the candy got left behind!

Maybe next year we should add in some muffin mixes or those tubes of
soup mix.

NightMist
--

Legolas is my house elf