Old August 16th 05, 06:01 AM
Pat Kight

Barbara Hass wrote:

emma J wrote:

Oh my god! condensed milk, I have never heard of this before! please
explain
the technique plus any other unusual ones you may have.
I'd like to ask about stamping with bleach. Does this ruin your stamps &
must I use special coloured paper / card or will any quality do?

(snip)

Stamping with bleach - I've never actually used the bleach on a stamp.
What I have done is stamp an image, emboss it, and then use a watercolor
brush to paint the image (the embossing helps you "stay inside the
lines"), using the bleach as "paint." Other effects can be created by
spritzing bleach onto a colored image or paper and then letting it dry
(great for creating cool backgrounds).

I've stamped directly with bleach, using a folded paper towel as an "ink
pad". I rinse my stamps thoroughly the instant I'm done stamping, and
they've shown no ill effects.

Bleach is most impressive on dark, non-glossy paper. What's interesting to
me is the way different black papers take the bleach; depending on how
they're made, the image comes out anything from pure white to reddish to
greenish.

Because bleach is very liquid, it will pool and puddle a bit, so fine
detail stamps don't work with this technique. Blocky ones do, and produce
an effect that reminds me of batik.

--
Pat Kight