Old January 12th 05, 11:43 AM
georg

Lisa Ellis wrote:

How
about you?

When I first came to this newsgroup, I was a snob. The only proper quilt
was all by hand. Because that's what my mum taught me. She learned with
cardboard templates. Her first bed size quilt was my twin size storm at
sea and she drew every one of those triangles with her cardboard
templates before carefully cutting them out with her rotary cutter.
Piece in the summer, quilt in the winter, and you can make a quilt a
year that way.

I can saw my eyes have been widened as to the possibilities. I rather
like the speed using a machine can give, as well as using the rotary
cutter more effeciently. (Mum does make better use of her rotary cutter
too). There are projects still that I prefer to do by hand, and others I
am content to use the machine. Depends on deadlines, my schedule, and
the intentions of the project.

As far as my taste in fabric, I admit I've expanded. I still love
purples and blues and the cool tones. But the local fabric shop has seen
me buy pink and use it. I still won't touch orange unless I have to. But
I have seen a couple of florals I actually do like- but they are still
very rare. I have fallen in love with paisley, which is something I
never thought I could bear.

Patternwise, I'm still leaning in the same directions, I think. But I
haven't gotten the ones I am drooling over out of my system. When I do,
then I see this expanding more.

I'm still snobby about a few things, but I've gotten better.

-georg