Old January 1st 04, 02:46 PM
Christina Hellström

Liana Sutton wrote in news:lms-8B90AF.07532429122003
@newsr1.tampabay.rr.com:

Hello all. I was wondering, as I have the same pasta machine and the
same streaking problem, if there is ever a way to roll light colored
clay through the machine without getting streaks? I am trying to
transfer onto white FIMO, and I do use the pasta machine to knead and
condition the clay. FIMO is so hard and crumbly, I can't get it to join
together unless I run it through the atlas first.

If I am going to use light clay, I usually run some light scrap clay
through to pick up the biggest gunk, and then just clean the rollers with
alcohol. Also, I try not to put too thick a piece through for the setting,
as it seems to cause streaking. This mostly gets rid of streaking for me,
although there always seems to be a scrap of old dark clay lurking for the
white clay. :/ I actually have a second pasta machine, waiting for the day
that I'm going to make some pasta (yeah, right... but one can dream). I
have thought about dedicating that one for white clay, and the other for
everything else.

If you use Classic Fimo try Fimo Soft, as it doesn't need as much
conditioning. I usually use a mixture of these two, depending on what I'm
doing.

--
//Christina Hellström http://www.geocities.com/chellstr/
(Remove stuffing to reply)