Old June 27th 12, 03:53 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
Allison

Default Scissors, part 2

On 27/06/2012 12:49 AM, Polly Esther wrote:
Sunny is happy with her Kai scissors and I'd like to try them. Mercy!
there are just so many to choose from. Okay. I know my little old
hands won't really need the twelve inch shears. And I know my hands are
happier with 7". But - I just never thought about it; always have
chosen the 'bent' ones. Do I really want 'bent'? Just because it's
what I've always had doesn't mean it's the best choice. Do you like
bent or straight and is it because it's what the Home Ec teacher 'said'
or what Grandma always used? I would moan that something so simple as
buying new scissors is such a challenge - but honestly am so happy to
have so many choices. If I make the wrong choice, it's not like I
adopted them and have to keep them for the rest of my life. Your
thoughts? Polly

My favorite "big" scissors right now are Fiskers - one side straight and
the other not so I guess they are half bent? They have been staying
sharp very well. Never tried Gingher or Kai but maybe I should just
for comparison. Altho I imagine any new pair of scissors will cut
better than an old pair from my sewing drawer.
Allison