Old March 12th 04, 05:33 PM
Cheryl Isaak

I can't in good conscience, support PBS any more - they insist on showing
Jerry Baker - who I think is more than dangerous. That snake oil of his will
kill some one yet. And so many recent Novas haven't been science, but thinly
disguised attacks against the defense industry, nuclear power or NASA.

Cheryl

On 3/12/04 8:48 AM, in article ,
"escapee" wrote:

PBS doesn't SELL anything. They have offers in response to the level of
donation. It's a THANK YOU gift. We always send our money to them during
Bill
Moyer's NOW. We refuse the thank you gift. Let all the donation go to
support
that essential show.

On 12 Mar 2004 00:12:20 GMT,
S (Karen C - California)
opined:

We were watching the PBS special about the Carpenters, "Close to You".
They're
selling the DVD for $120 and the DVD + CDs for $180.

The question arises, is the extra bonus 45 minutes on the DVD *really* worth
buying it for?

Are the CDs something only available from PBS, or could we get them for less
elsewhere?

Karen Carpenter, tragic loss at an early age