Old January 29th 17, 06:14 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
Nann[_2_]

Default Sailboat Quilt and More

I find that that the RCTQ FB group is easier to access and much chattier. It allows for photos, too. I only come to this site when Google Groups lets me know there is a new post.

Nann

On Saturday, January 28, 2017 at 11:06:53 AM UTC-6, wrote:
Where has everyone gone as my Christmas greeting was the last post??
Just finished a sailboat quilt for a boys bed. Think the pattern came from McCall's quilting. It had 4-half squares for the sails. A rectangle with another 2 half squares on each end for the boat. Found some material that worked well as ripply water and blue sky. For the border I used material with sailboats and light houses.
My sewing machines have both been in the shop for servicing. First time I used one broke two needles while trying to do embroidery work, so started on the second machine and discovered the tension was way off leaving birds nests instead of stitches under side. I could not get the upper and lower tensions right so I took both machines back and now they are both fine. Guy did not charge me for the 2nd trip. I already had $160 invest in servicing fees.
Since there was nothing to sew I cut out enough for three quilts, 2 of these being American Indian style and the third is a 15 inch block that I have no pattern for now because it got thrown away. So all I could do is graph it out as I remembered.
Let me know what you "all" are working on.
Sandy$