Old September 17th 05, 04:58 AM
Polly Esther

How very sweet, Alice. I hope you two get to attend together. Katrina took
my quilt show buddy and I wouldn't even dream of going to a show without a
friend to share with. We didn't just ooh and aah. We did some muttering
about the judge's character and qualifications and once started a protest
demonstration about the Viewer's Choice being totally dismissed by the
judges. And would we like to judge a show? Heck, no. There's a yellow
stripe running down my back. I just like to complain...and share.

"AliceW" wrote in message
. ..
Lisa, I am hoping to go on Sunday and I may end up there by myself. I
would
love to ooh and aah with you. I'm ok going by myself, but there's nothing
better than going with a friend.

--
Alice in NJ, Royal Cybrarian
http://www.ourcyberfamily.us/

"Lisa C" wrote in message
: For years, not sure how many, I have been attending the Mancuso quilt
show
: in PA in September with my friend Cathy. Even though she lives nearby,
we
: don't meet or speak too often. We have always made time for the quilt
show
: together. It has been difficult sometimes. There was 2001, when the show
: 'shrank' due to 9/11. The folks who were there were a testament to
wanting
: life (and quilting!) to continue even in the face of terrorism. There
was
: the year of the hurricane, when the event was flooded. But the tradition
: continued.
:
: Last year, my dear MIL died the last week of August. I forgot about the
: show, and Cathy didn't remind me. I'm guessing she felt I would be
grieving
: too much, and didn't want to intrude. She was probably right. It was
: mid-October before I even remembered it was missed.
:
: So, I was REALLY looking forward to this year's show.
: Now Cathy has called and life interfered and she cannot attend.
:
: I am so bummed.
: DH said I should still go, and he even offered company bless his heart,
but
: it just isn't the same without my friend oohing and aahing over the
exhibits
: and sharing the chocolate fudge.
:
: Sigh....
:
: In the big scheme of things, it is not even a ripple. But I thought I
would
: throw my feelings into cyberspace to share. If any folks could
understand
my
: frustrations it would be all of you.
: