Old September 8th 03, 07:07 PM
Andrew Werby

"Wendy Cyrenne" wrote in message
Hello all. I have an old Cress Electric kiln which I purchased a year

ago.
At first I had no problem getting to Cone 6 (which is the maximum
recommended for that kiln). Now it seems to take forever to get to that
temperature.

I read in a book that the elements could be wearing out. Is that

possible?
I thought either electrical elements worked or they didn't. I was

thinking
of replacing the elements, but would like to hear whether anyone out there
has had this problem and how did you fix it.

Thanks.

Wendy

[Before you rip out your elements, make sure it's not a bad switch that's
causing the problem. The switches are easier and cheaper to replace, and
they go bad more frequently. Cress has replacement switches, and they come
with instructions on how to do the repair. See http://www.cressmfg.com/ for
more info.]

Andrew Werby
www.unitedartworks.com