Old August 31st 10, 12:28 AM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.needlework
Alex Corvinus

Default Crewel work.

I was waiting in the outpatient waiting room for Cancer Screening at
M. D. Anderson Cancer Center in Houston. Lord Love us, a woman was
working a hoop in the next chair.

I asked if she was doing CX, and she responded, "No, that means I have
to count, and I'll be damned if I'm going back to that!"

She was doing a crewel piece, but some of the stitches were large
cross-stitches. Before I could tell her of the Sistine Chapel piece, I
was called.

Good news: No Melanoma. I'm clean!!

But it proved to me: stitchers are a clan.

tbtg! Lord love us, we all need it.

Alex, with blessings to all.