Old August 6th 03, 10:00 PM
KDK

Glad to hear she is home and with her family!! I know you are glad too

Kathy K

"Kathy N-V" wrote in message
.com...
Quick Version: DD is home, safe and sound, and very happy to be with her
parents, who are equally happy to have her home. Weather, airlines and
everything else conspired to delay the poor kid's arrival by over five

hours,
and her luggage is still heaven-knows-where. My mother (also minus

luggage)
was deposited at her front door at about 10 p.m., and not even tossed from

moving vehicle. (An amazing display of personal control on DH's part)

We got home at about 11:00 p.m., snuggled our kid for a little while, and
then tucked her exhausted self into bed. At some point, I'll have to get

on
the phone and see if the luggage can be found. (I sure hope so -- her

whole
back to school wardrobe is in there)

Upshot: DD will _never_ again travel with my mother, even if it's across

the
street. We (DH, DD and me) will never again consider traveling with US

Air
for an international flight - because they just don't get it. To go to
Germany, it's well worth the small premium to fly Lufthansa, who might not
give the warm and fuzzies, but they always do their job superbly. (BTW,
Virgin Atlantic is an incredible airline, and we'd use them to go to

Germany,
if they offered nonstop service from Boston. That's who we use to go to
Britain)

Happily, everyone is home and safe, and we can have plenty of time to

catch
up on things in the next few days.

Thank you all for the support and good vibes.

Kathy N-V