Old October 9th 13, 10:35 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
Patricia Storey

Default OT - Favourite caramel recipe for caramel apples?

In article , says...

Hello, we're having a Halloween party in a few weeks, and I've a handful
of caramel recipes, but I want one that will set up hard on an apple and
not slide off. Mine seem to be for really soft caramel that doesn't
stick to your teeth (which is a benefit) but now I'm on the hunt for a
recipe that is a bit on the "sticky" side, or it tends to just slide
right off the apple....

Now, I'm not talking about store-bought apples here. They're coated in
an "edible wax" that gives the apple that lovely shine. No, I use
apples from my friends' trees, so I know they're as natural as can be.
So that's not the issue.

Bring on the sticky, chewy caramel recipes please!

-- Jo in Scotland

Have you tried looking up recipes for 'toffee apples'? They should give
you a hard toffee solution.

Pat on the green