Old September 22nd 06, 04:32 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.needlework
Lucille

Default Shana Tova - Happy New Jewish Year 5767

"ellice" wrote in message
On 9/22/06 10:20 AM, "anne" wrote:

Mirjam Bruck-Cohen said

To all of you who celebrate our New year , and To every other Person who
also can always use some good wishes

Shana Tova =Happy new Jewish Year 5767

Thank you for the kind wishes. May you and your loved ones experience a
happy
and healthy New Year.

As a teenager, I hated peeling what seemed like many bags of carrots and
sweet
potatoes for tsimmes. My attempts don't come close to my mother's sigh

Ah, I remember those days. In preparation for this weekend, I finally
splurged on a new, large, Cuisinart. My old 7 cup one is packed
somewhere,
and y'know - it's so much easier with the food processor (not the peeling,
but the grating, shredding, chopping).

I started doing the cooking with my grandmother when I was pretty young -
so
poor mom had the reverse problem as we got older - the request for me to
cook. But, she was a pretty good cook, didn't really like doing it so was
happy for me to go at it.

I'm excited that I was able to order Taglaich from Wegmans. I was toying
with the idea of making one - growing up in NY & Miami, every bakery had
their own special one. For the rest of you - it's a mounded thing of
little
kind of crunchy balls coated with honey, and some have nuts, candied
cherries in the mound. A wondrous, gooey treat for the New Year.

Have a happy,
ellice

Do you actually have a recipe for taglaich? I personally never liked it,
too sweet, but I would love to surprise my friends by making it.

My grandmother was useless when it came to getting recipes from her and her
standard answer was you put in a little of this, some of that, etc. When I
asked how much was a little, the answer generally was "Till it looks right."
Not much help for the recipe impaired like me. My mother didn't like it, so
I never found out the how.

Lucille