Old August 7th 15, 04:06 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
[email protected]

Default Hot Pads and more

Had computer problems last Sunday and google made me open a new account with new user name and password or I could not get into my e-mail, think the same thing happened last year about this same time. Now I have to notify all my friends of the new e-mail address. At least they have not bothered my news groups.
Did finish "lots of blocks" quilt top and it was so colorful, still think they should of called it lots of sashing instead. With my left over material I am in the process of making several hot pads using Insulbrite inside as part of the padding. Made small, med. and large hot pads. I even made some string hot pads using a few foundation blank blocks.
My next quilt top is going to be Austin Star, a 12 inch block I got off quilterscache.com I am using a print fabric for the alternate block. This quilt has only 4 colors including the alternate block. Guess I will get some experience doing flying geese. Any pointers on doing these would be appreciated. I been thinking of using 2-3 inch squares on the rectangle instead of 2 7/8th's inches, then trimming it. Is this a good or bad idea?
Sandy$