Old August 8th 03, 02:13 AM
Deirdre S.

And something that resides -within- you, and that you assimilate over
time ... gives you new resources instead of making you dependent on
someone else's resource.

That means you can get into an "I can cope" state even when your
models aren't around. I have several such guides and guardians, btw. I
can call on whoever is appropriate to the circumstances when I need
backup.

Deirdre

On Thu, 07 Aug 2003 23:11:23 GMT, "Christina Peterson"
wrote:

When I told my therapist that I used him in that way, he said it was good.
That part of the job of a therapist is to model behaviour for an internal
advisor for you to develope for yourself. In Transactional Analysis, your
"Adult".

Tina

"Deirdre S." wrote in message
news
It worked for me. But first I tried a lot of other (more traditional
things) that were only marginally helpful.

Its main advantage is that you get 'intensive care' instead saving
things up and trying to squeeze them into an hour a week. And in the
process, you develop the habit of being compassionate and helpful to
yourself in your most vulnerable areas. So, you find yourself getting
stronger in the process at a pace that is exactly right for you,
because you're setting the pace yourself. And instead of becoming
dependent on someone else, you get to be more emotionally independent.

Ironically, that improves your relationships, because you are less
needy and therefore 'safer' for others to relate to.

Deirdre

From: Deirdre S.

Imagine that you have an ultra-wise counselor available to you day and
night. All the time.

Hmm - that's a new idea that might work.

Evalynne
http://www.beadsuncommon.com
Beads Uncommon Lampwork
Think Uncommon Jewellery