Old September 17th 04, 11:43 PM
Kira Dirlik

What a wonderful website! I just loved looking at EVERYthing! Since
I was kind of "handle-centered", given the topic at hand, I was
actually surprised there were so few really innovative handles on most
the pots. But the forms and glazes were phenomenal.
Cat's handles struck me as just being 3 coils of equal length,
probably set in a row on a surface and the central portions melded
together, leaving 3 separate ends on each end. Then to join them to
the pot, a round stamp was used to impress each of the total of 6 ends
into the main pot.
As someone pointed out, handles can be great fun... just take a
handful of clay and try out anything you can think of, and see if it
works on a given pot as something to comfortably grab onto.
Cheers,
Kira in NC (Hi Lois Sharpe, I saw your three pots on there!!!)