Old July 6th 08, 04:05 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.sewing
Judie in Penfield NY[_3_]

Default Help Bobbin thread is jamming on Singer Ispiration 4228

tiffsgames wrote:
Okay, I threaded the bobbin just fine. I even managed to raise the thred, I
just can't seem to follow their directions to get the bobbin threrd to
"flow" it keeps breaking. I know it's not a tension issue. I'm not
stairing at the book right now but I believe it says to go under slot 1
and over slot 2 then pull thread tail to back; which I did 100x.
Apparently I'm slow or something (of course my last machine was a late
70's model). Please someone walk me through this, I even tried Youtube and
found a video that would have been helpful had it not had bad lighting.
(Please excuse typos my keys are sticking).

--
Message posted using http://www.talkaboutcrafting.com/gro...xtiles.sewing/
More information at http://www.talkaboutcrafting.com/faq.html

Bev's advice/instructions are (as usual) excellent and should get you
sewing. But I looked at the Singer website and found that they have an
updated instruction manual available to be downloaded. Maybe the
directions you have are lacking in some way. Here's the product
information from the Singer website:

The new SINGER® Inspiration™ is simply the easiest.
• 28 built-in stitch patterns
• SureFit Bobbin™ - only one way to insert the bobbin. The right way!
• NoError Threading™ - You can't get it wrong.
• Fully automatic one-step buttonhole
• StayBright LED Light™ - long lasting illumination.
Download updated 4228 instruction manual.

and here's the link to the updated manual:

http://www.singerco.com/pdf/4228_4220_030707.pdf

Judie