Old November 28th 03, 09:28 PM
Bloddy

"Bloddy" wrote in message
Can anybody help?

I'm looking for information on the sewing geometry of the Tailor's 'S'. As

understand it, it's a method of stitching material that produces a neat

turn
around a right angled bend instead of leaving a fold of unwanted material.
TIA.

Not being a sewist grin, it appears that I have confused a couple of
you.... sorry.

So in answer to the your questions..
No this is not a wind up.
Yes I do have a use.
No I know nothing much about the art of sewing.

Apologies for not answering your emails in person. However, I does seem that
if somebody can answer the question then a number of us will learn something
new if I keep the postings within the groups(s).

Here goes. I need the information to arrange the sewing of a skirt for a
hovercraft [it holds in the air to help create the air cushion that the
craft 'sits' on]. Generally, smaller craft use a segmented skirt. I won't
bore you with the details just let you know that I understand the geometry
of the pattern involved for the segmented type. However, this is when I duck
my head and feel stupid and admit that I can't work out the geometry to turn
a right angle if a single piece of material is used.

There is a pattern (or geometrical shape/relationship) that Tailors use to
mark out a piece of material for cutting/stitching around corners that
retain the loci. To the best of my knowledge it is called the Tailors' 'S'.
You may know it by another name. Please, please.... If you can't answer
fully, hints will help. Please post replies to the group. I'm just a 'fick
ungineer wiv' a problem to solve. I'm sorry I don't speak the language of
your craft, but I could do with your help.

Many thanks in advance