Old April 30th 15, 07:44 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.sewing
Jewels

Default Bernina 850 stitch bad

I have an Industrie Bernina 850. It has been working great and all of a sudden
the top thread did a whiplash motion and the backside of the stitch is very
loose and loopy. I got a burr on the needle, it was obvious there was a
problem. Changed the needle, made certain the timing was correct with the
needle lining up with where it brings up the bobbin thread. Still loopy.
Sewing slow to see what is not right, moving the wheel by hand, I get a couple
stitches then it sticks and continues the bad stitch. I remove the throat
plate so I could see the bobbin below while I rotated the hand wheel, got a
complete rotation with the bobbin, I could see how the top thread stayed below
and crossed the bobbin pickup and created the horrible stitch. Anyone have
an idea how I can adjust the bobbin casing or flat out correct the problem???
I need my machine back...SadFace.