Old July 10th 11, 09:43 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
Julia in MN[_5_]

Default OT this IS funny

I have a Garmin Nuvi that works well for me. I think it's easy to use
(but then I was a software engineer in previous life . It sometimes
takes what seem to be odd routes when we have it on going to places we
know & it did get it completely wrong going to Piggy Blue's in Austin,
MN, but overall it's pretty reliable. I don't mind using maps and
usually check mapquest before leaving for any place that I'm not
familiar with. However mapquest directions don't help much when you miss
a turn or run into a detour. That's when the GPS can be really helpful.

Julia in MN
On 7/7/2011 11:22 PM, Polly Esther wrote:
I was thinking Mr. Esther and I would enjoy some sort of GPS system for
our little trips. So. I Googled: GPS system for seniors.
I got: a system for tracking seniors. Do they put a tracking chip
beneath the skin of the old folks like the vet does for family pets?
I reckon we are family pets but Really!
Can't decide whether to pursue that search or not. I would like to have
something in the car to alert us to locked-up traffic jams or when to
get in the turn lane. Don't want something so complicated that we can't
figure it out.
Maybe a chip to keep track of us is a good idea. Polly

--
http://webpages.charter.net/jaccola/default.html