Old July 9th 11, 10:34 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
Alice in PA[_3_]

Default OT this IS funny

I love my Prius too.....but we use a Garmin Nuvi GPS, and wouldn't be
without it! When we were in Italy last month, we rented a car with a
GPS...so much better than me having a lapful of maps!!! It was set for
English AND kilometers.

--
Alice in PA
http://community.webshots.com/user/twosonsatpsu
"Susan Laity Price" wrote in message
Dave thought a GPS system would be a waste of money since he had maps
but our Prius came with GPS installed. He has enjoyed it so much he
bought a portable unit for the older car. I really enjoy the messages
such as "left turn in .5 miles". Sorry can't tell you which portable
unit we have until I go to the car and check. Like any of the new
gadgets it takes a little while to understand but if I can master it
you will be fine. Susan

On Thu, 7 Jul 2011 23:22:34 -0500, "Polly Esther"
wrote:

I was thinking Mr. Esther and I would enjoy some sort of GPS system for
our
little trips. So. I Googled: GPS system for seniors.
I got: a system for tracking seniors. Do they put a tracking chip
beneath the skin of the old folks like the vet does for family pets?
I reckon we are family pets but Really!
Can't decide whether to pursue that search or not. I would like to
have
something in the car to alert us to locked-up traffic jams or when to get
in
the turn lane. Don't want something so complicated that we can't figure
it
out.
Maybe a chip to keep track of us is a good idea. Polly