Old January 1st 11, 12:32 AM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.yarn
NDJoan

Default Looking for a pattern

On Dec 30, 10:01*am, suzeeq wrote:
Lucille wrote:

"NDJoan" wrote in message
Hi all!
* *A few of you might recognize this request, since I first asked it
on rctn. *I didn't get much help there (quite a surprise!), so I
thought I'd pop in here since it's a knit/crochet question.

My sister is looking for a pattern to make slippers that look like
Converse sneakers, knit or crochet. *Does anyone know of one, other
than the baby booties or knit tops attached to the rubber bottoms I've
found already on the 'net? *My grandniece (the intended recipient) is
10.

TIA!

Joan

If she used a very bulky yarn and got more stitches to the inch, instead of
the sport weight they call for, would that increase the size enough?

She could then just follow the instructions as given.

Lucille

You wouldn't even need really bulky yarn, just increasing to a worsted
wieght and larger needles should work. Sport weight doubled is bulky, so
using worsted should get something about twice the size as the original.

Wow, great idea! I'd never thought of that! Thanks sooo much, both
to Lucille and you, Suzeeq!

Joan