Old December 16th 13, 12:12 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
Shirley

Default Eureka!

On 16/12/2013 08:37, Ursula Schrader wrote:

"Shirley" schrieb im Newsbeitrag
On 14/12/2013 09:04, Ursula Schrader wrote:
or not. ;-) Yesterday, I was baking crackers; and since they are to make
a gift and I have to make lots of them I don't use biscuit cutters but a
pastry wheel. And since they had to be really neat, I wanted the edges
straight. You might be able to guess where this leads: I used my 60
cm-Omnigrid to give them the perfect size. I hated to do that, but since
I don't have any other washable ruler and don't know if there is
something similar in the kitchen department, I swallowed that pill.
Afterwards, I washed it in lukewarm water with a little washing-up
liquid and it came out fine.

Just had to share, and since I wanted to contribute to the group but
have no patchwork going on these days (apart from the brilliant schemes
in my head) I had hopes that this might do, and perhaps bring a little
smile on your faces.

U.

Would this do it for you. I have got one. I use mine for tartlet cases

http://www.amazon.co.uk/Pastry-Brush.../dp/B005EC0M6G

--
Shirley
www.allcrafts.org.uk

Since so many of you gave such useful hints, I thought that this must be
a problem professionals face every day. So I googled for pro suppliers
and found actually what I wanted. Then I went to Aunt Google again and
gave the name of what I wanted and found it actually on EBay. The
cutting wheels are he
http://www.ebay.de/itm/Teigschneider...-/150913690178
. It's simply called dough cutting device. The price is a bit steep but
I think if I go for that instead of the 19.99-version, I might get
something that works.

Snipped

I have had one of those for years. Used for marking out tray bakes and
cutting fudge. I did wonder if it would be any good for marking strips
on fabric but never tried it.
Shirley

--
Shirley