Old November 15th 03, 02:15 PM

new sewing machine for newbie.. help!

(cj)
snip
as first time buyers, to evaluate different machines. I would also like
to get some 3rd party opinion, not just what the sales people say.
Especially when it comes to comparing old machines with new.

Aussie $). If anyone has any 1st hand experience with any of these
(especially the old ones), it would be helpful to hear your comments
(and I understand that everyone will have different experiences and
preferences, but sometimes I'm sure there are also machines that are
commonly recognised as either classics or lemons, and it would be good
to be aware of them!)
New:
Janome 2319 @ $339
Janome 2028 @ $399
Janome 5024 @ $499
Bernina Bernette @ $295
LEMON--RUN AWAY!!
Not a true Bernna, cheaply made, with big, clunky feet which get in the
way of sewing, and which soon break/fall off the mounting bar. Of all
the new machines I"ve eve bought, I regret this purchase the most.
I like used machines best, and they all get hard usage from me.
Cea
---
Old:
Elna TSP @ $329