Old November 14th 04, 08:07 PM
Pat in Virginia

Dee:
Here's an idea: just leave the finished portion as is, in
the amoebae shape; add some complimentary but different
colored units all around, to bring out to correct size.
Colors to consider: dark teal instead of green paths,
assorted colors for the flower parts. Clear as mud?
PAT in VA/USA

Dee in Oz wrote:

I purchased this unfinished quilt top on ebay

http://cgi.ebay.com.au/ws/eBayISAPI....e=STRK:MEWN:IT

but I am not sure how to finish it as I only have 2 more of the back
ground green hexagons.

The colours are much nicer then they appear in the photo and because
of the age of the quilt I doubt that I would come close to matching
it.

Do I rearrange the green that I have and purchase more similar
background fabric so I can create a 'border' type effect of the
background or what.
Does this make sense???

Dee in Oz