Old February 28th 05, 05:07 AM
Cynthia Spilsted

wrote in message
oups.com...
Cynthia, don't feel envious, start a local group yourself. You never
know who you'll meet.

big snip

Incidentally, on the subject of food... within walking distance of my
home are two excellent Indian restaurants and one okay one, two
excellent Tibetan restaurants, a quite good sushi place, a crepe shop,
five Chinese restaurants (two of which are quite good, the other three
are passable), countless places that serve pasta, pizza,
big snip The Boston area is extraordinarily lucky
about food too.

Tom:
It's the food and choice of shops that I'm envious of! We have only one
sewing store in town and the next one is over 140 kilometres away - and the
road is no picnic in the winter! (Over half of it is avalanche zone - and
it's pretty well all sandwiched between the mountains and the Skeena river.
Oh, did I mention that the available space is shared by the railway? Great
improvement over the old, narrow road - but still no fun in bad weather!)
Because our population is about 12,000 there is not a whole lot going on in
town.....but we have great people, a fabulous performing arts centre, and
nobody in town has a lousy view. I curse the deer when they eat my flowers,
laugh when they use the crosswalks downtown and worry every spring about
bears wandering into town.
There are always people getting together to sew and craft either in formal
groups or informal "stitch & bitches". During the trouble in the Balkans,
boxes of quilt tops were made and sent overseas to help out....
We just need the shops and food choices!!!
Cynthia