Old May 1st 08, 03:14 AM posted to rec.crafts.polymer-clay
Martha[_4_]

Default *Ping* Barbara, Sarajane, anybody? about bakeability

Hi, can't believe the spam lately. Anybody want to start a Google or Yahoo
group? I hate moderated groups but this is ridiculous!

Anyway, here's my question. I want to do some almost full-sized faces. The
only thing I could find at a retail art store was a plastic face form. Here
it is: http://www.dickblick.com/zz609/59/ I need it in this form, not
reverse. It is hollow so I technically could make a mold using the inside.

The online version of this store has a papier mache and a pulp version of
masks which I assume are bakeable. I'd obviously prefer to use the plastic
one I've got but I'm not sure it'll survive oven temps. So my questions a
do you think this is bakeable (I bought two so I suppose I could
experiment), and if not, other than trying to form an aluminum foil form
from the back, is there another material that I could fill the back from,
like liquid latex or something? I don't know what kind of temps that stands
up to. I suppose I could fill in the back with clay and a foil armature too.
Opinions please. TIA!

Martha S.