Old September 14th 16, 04:54 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
[email protected]

Default String Quilts and more

I painted the eyes in on my two fish quilts instead of using buttons. I really don't like buttons on quilts except wall hangings. I used paint that says it is for fabric, wood, glass and etc. Only place big enough was in the living room. Some were all black eyes and others were green with black centers. While I was waiting to go to town to buy eye paint I made two string quilts using foundation material. Quilt #1 has 10 inch squares with 2 1/2 inch sashing and 5 1/2 inch borders. Quilt #2 was a 6 inch square blocks and 2 inch sashing squares and 4 1/2 inch borders. These two quilts are so colorful and bright. I love to make these no brainer quilts. Still have strips of material left over for but that will be for another time.
My next quilt will be either a modern quilt or one that has dogs appliqued on it. I am thinking about using felt for the dogs. Do you have to prepare the felt any way before cutting the dogs out? I usually use heat and bond for calico fabric before applique.
Sandy$