Old May 25th 08, 04:08 AM posted to rec.crafts.jewelry
Vicki Baylus

Default newbie questions

Hi. I'm new at soldering/braizing, I'v had about 32 hours of hands on
instruction - the silver, not me. And I would appreciate someone pointing
me toward information that I call:

Questions not answered by Tim McCreight or anybody else that I have found so
far.

Where can I find a copper solder that will remain copper colored after
soldering, and does not have a skull and crossbones on it?

Do I really need a respirator when braizing? The instructor didn't use one,
even when machine polishing.

What are the proportiions of denatured alcohol to borax (boric acid powder)
I use for a flux, and why do I have to keep it in a completely glass
container?

Thanks in advance.

Vicki

..