Old March 1st 06, 12:03 AM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting

Default Wonder Under vs. Heat & Bond vs. ???

"Allison" wrote in message
So if I understand right - you can fuse just one side? This would be
handy because I have found it annoying how the fusible can detach from
the piece of fabric that you are trying to manouver into position.

Hi Allison,
It is like other fusibles, but, it has 2 paper liners rather than just one.
It is also slightly sticky on both sides of the glue. One paper liner
releases away from the glue easily, and the other one has the fusible glue
more firmly attached to it. That is the one you want to draw your pieces on.

Once you draw your applique pieces on the paper, you rough cut around the
shape(s). The easy-release paper liner usually falls away at this point. You
then place your pieces on your applique fabric. The stickiness helps keep it
in place. Hit it with the iron for just a second or two. Cut the shape on
the drawn lines, and the remaining paper should release easily.

Position the applique piece on your background. You can reposition it as
needed until you are happy with it. Since it is sticky, it won't curl up as
other fusibles do. This is really helpful when you're doing multi layered
things like flower petals. When you're happy with the placement of the
applique pieces, iron them permanently in place.

Does that make sense to you? I think I went through the steps of using it
too quickly in my first post. Hope this helps, (And NAYY to the Steam-A-Seam
Company)

--
Lisa Caryl
http://www.picturetrails.com/quiltygurl