Old April 8th 06, 08:26 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.yarn

Default What would you make with Sugar'n Cream?

Laura J wrote:
I have 6 balls (720 yds) of Sugar'n Cream cotton yarn. I know it is usually
used for dishcloths but that is more dishcloths than I care to make! Any
ideas? Has anyone ever made a baby sweater out of it? How does it
wear/wash?

Thanks!

LauraJ

I've crocheted summer beanie-style hats, long skinny strips used as
belts or headbands (about 5-6 feet long, two rows of hdc), change
purses, simple pouch purses (two rectangles and a handle), cell phone
holders, keychain fobs...

I find it works up as a 'crunchy' type fabric, which I happen to like,
fortunately! For sweaters I'd prefer mercerized cotton, or the Bernat
Cottontots.

I'm also planning juggling balls, perhaps other small toys would
work...I'm thinking bath scrubbies for kids might work too.

Michelle