Old December 16th 05, 01:17 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.sewing,rec.crafts.textiles.quilting

Default pinking shears sharpening? (US)

http://www.gingher.com/repair.htm
These folks might be able to take care of your scissors.

SNIGDIBBLY
~e~
"
/ \
"nzlstar*" wrote in message
i have no idea sore sure but i wonder if folding a few layers of kitchen
foil
and cutting thru that repeatedly might help til you find someone.
or cutting thru really fine grade sandpaper perhsaps.
just a couple of thoughts.
someone else might have more info on either of these.
i googled and asked jeeves and the sandpaper bit was the only mention i
could find for diy sharpening.
fwiw.
cheers,
jeanne
--
san-fran at ihug dot co dot nz
nzlstar on yahoo msg'r

"Elizabeth Young" wrote...
I have tried to get my Wiss pinking shears sharpened locally. No good. No
one does it anymore around here anymore (Sacramento CA).
Boo Hoo

Does anyone have a contact for some place in the US where I can send my
pinking shears for sharpening?

liz young (in cloudy california)