Old March 30th 08, 05:52 AM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.needlework
bernieh

Default Christmas stocking - can you help identify?

Wow, thank you all so much! That was fantastic work. I do have the Heirloom
Stocking book, but that particular stocking isn't in there. Either my friend
or I most likely have the actual CS&CS or Cross Stitch Christmas mag in
which the stocking appears. It means a trip out to the garage for me...

Great detective work!!
bernieh

"m&m" wrote in message
On Mar 29, 6:38 pm, "m&m" wrote:
On Mar 29, 2:56 am, "Mavis" wrote:

Bernieh,
The stocking in question is titled "Gardener's Delight" designed by
Sandy Orton/Kooler Designs. It belongs to the Heirloom Stocking series
and
was featured in the "Cross Stitch Christmas" magazine, 2002 edition
(Better
Homes and Gardens). I found two links that offer the 2002 magazine for
sale:http://tinyurl.com/2fntj7and http://tinyurl.com/yp6xuy
Here is a picture of the stocking:http://tinyurl.com/yqhnaz
--Mavis

That looks similar to a yearly (?) series of stocking patterns in the
old Cross Stitch & Country Crafts magazine. I seem to recall those
letter blocks on more than several of the patterns. Let me look & see
if it ever appeared, and if I may happen to have it.

MM

Please excuse the reply to my own post, but CS&CC magazine did run a
yearly anniversary stocking pattern, and "Gardener's Delight" would
match the series.
-Premier Issue (S/O '85) - North Woods Christmas
-July/Aug 86 - Home for Christmas
-alas! this is a gap in my issues
-July/Aug 88 - Holiday Study
-July/Aug 89 - Stitcher's Studio
-July/Aug 90 - Holiday Workshop
-July/Aug 91 - The Music Room
-July/Aug 92 - Sugar & Spice (Little girl's stocking)
-July/Aug 93 - Games & Toys (Little boy's stocking)
-July/Aug 94 - different designer- the style of this stocking no
longer matched previous years. I also seemed to have stopped
subscribing to this magazine after this.
I have all of the above issues, but unfortunately, I am missing the
issue for 1987, and none of my issues have the "Gardener's Delight"
design. If you have any interest in stitching any of the above designs
(one of Mavia's links shows several) I'd be happy to send you the
issue.
Now to wash my dusty hands!
MM