Old February 16th 05, 12:50 AM
Kalera Stratton

What works for me may not work for you. I like pricing by "time and
materials" although I have seen many, many hobbyists selling stuff and
making way less than minimum wage. Ask some friends or coworkers what
they would pay and you'll probably be closer to the ball park.

Andy

I think a lot of the people I've seen who are making less than minimum
wage *think* they're using the time and materials formula, but forget to
add in the time they spend preparing, marketing, and actually selling
their finished work. For every hour I spend on the torch, I spend three
more doing work that is related to getting my product prepped, sold and
shipped. Not considering that time when you're creating your pricing
matrix is a dangerous trap that can sink a new business before it even
leaves shore, so to speak.
--
-Kalera
http://www.beadwife.com