Old December 31st 04, 07:53 PM
Pogonip

You're just noticing this? It's been happening since the 1940s. So
long as people in other countries are willing to work for 50 cents a
day, textile industry jobs will be shipped to other countries. The
only solution I see is to put tariffs on imports to this country, to
make them comparable in price to U.S. made things.

U.S. made goods are superior in most cases to items made in other
countries; however, we expect to be paid a just salary.

Teri

The other problem is that people are satisfied to buy
clothing that will last the season, where we used to look
for quality and longevity in our purchases. Fashion comes
and goes so quickly, and "this year's colors" are
apparently more important to some than a durable product.
--

Joanne @ stitches @ singerlady.reno.nv.us
http://bernardschopen.tripod.com/