Old August 14th 03, 02:07 PM
marisa2

I'm guessing the problem isn't that they are purple, but the kind of beads
you are getting.

(You guessed it

I don't know anything about Beadazzled, but I would strongly suggest not
getting beads from either Michaels or Joanne's. They end up being much more
expensive then anything you buy online and probably more expensive then
anything you would get at a bead store, and everything they sell is junk.
Especially don't buy stringing materials there. It might seem like a good
place to save money, but you will end up very frustrated with problems you
wouldn't have if you had gotten "real" supplies.

marisa2

"angela" wrote in message
I am having terrible luck with purple beads and I'm sure someone here can
tell me why. I bought purple crackle beads at Michael's and the coating
peeled off. Okay, I got them from Michael's so I wasn't exactly shocked.
Then I got two different sizes of purple seed beads from Beadazzled and it
looks more like they faded, but they may have actually peeled too. Then I
got some from Joanne's -- I don't know what they're called but they're the
kind where the color is in the middle (if that makes any sense). I sort of
expected the color to fall apart on me and it did. All of the beads were
used on bracelets and deteriorated after heavy wear (my four-year-old son
wears his bracelet 24 hours a day). Is there such a thing as a purple bead
that keeps its color?

ang.
angelfish handcrafted baubles
http://thehalsteds.com/angelfish