Old March 10th 09, 03:08 AM posted to rec.crafts.jewelry
Abrasha

Default Market for imperfect gemstones?

Graver wrote:
On Mar 5, 11:51 am, Peter W. Rowe
wrote:
On Thu, 05 Mar 2009 08:47:00 -0800, in rec.crafts.jewelry "FC..."

wrote:
Yeah, it's kinda' like watching "Mythbusters" episodes of 'what they
prove' to be true..untrue. Their show on whether or not the moon
landings were real was a RIOT ! hahaha, I've never SEEN two guys SO
BIASED on what THEY perceived as the truth ! I completely lost any
respect I 'might' have had for those two CLOWNS and that show...
/FC....

One of the aspects of being a literate consumer of media is understanding what a
given show or information source IS, and what it IS NOT. Mythbusters is not
news, or science. It's Entertainment. And in that, it's great fun, true or
not. The same can be said for shows claiming to search for ghosts, or claiming
a game show can unite two people in a truly loving marriage forever... Fun.
Bring on the popcorn etc. But keep your wits about you. Still, many shows
that are entertaining, ALSO provide useful information. Discovery channel and
Science channel, and Nova shows, and others, often provide good information. But
they always also have to be good entertainment, or nobody will watch. Good to
keep in mind.

Peter

Gee Guys,

I thought this was a forum about exchanging ideas and tips that we
have found to be useful and helpful to one another. I can see that
you're more involved in listening to yourself rant then to ever
consider that you might be going off topic just to discredit someones
comment about a subject. I heard a guy on the radio that follows this
same train of thought, RUSH LIMBAUGH and he's a drug addict.

What? Have you taken your medication today?

--
Abrasha
http://www.abrasha.com