Old January 10th 04, 02:26 AM
Butterfly

Have had progressives since I first got bifocals--can't even remember how
long ago.
I'm not expecting 'perfect' vision with the surgery-at this point --I don't
even KNOW if they would do my eyes. I am that near sighted and have
astigmatism quite badly.
When I first asked about it 7 years ago--the 2 different Drs I went to both
said "wait 10 years"
The glasses I am now wearing give me 20/50 on the good eye.... I am NOT sure
how this new prescription will do.
Loved it when I could wear contact lenses I had 20/20 and slight changes for
a good 10 years--then my bod changed and now I can only keep ONE contact in
for about 3 min--had it in today when I was checking out the new frames : )
Yeah, we had fun seeing how long I would be able to tolerate it being in.
BUT I could see well enuf to walk from the sink all the way back to the
'fitting table' : )
Butterfly (And the saga continues)

"AliceW" wrote in message
Had a relative of my steps who had it done (Lasix) - had to have it done
twice in one eye because it didn't take the first time and her face looked
like someone hit her with a baseball bat. Had the second eye done a while
later. That was 3 or so years ago, she is back to wearing glasses again.

don't care if they could get me back to perfect vision (wearing glasses
since grade school - now wear progressives), no one will ever futz with my
eyes! I'd rather have imperfect vision than risking the possibility of
ending up with no or worse vision.

You'll love the progressives if you have not had them before. They are
great with all the time I spend on the computer. I know you'd rather have
been able to buy some fabric, but with your new glasses, think of how
clearly you'll be able to see all those beautiful quilting stitches!

--
Alice in NJ, Royal Cybrarian
www.ourcyberfamily.us

"Butterfly" wrote in message
Went 'shopping' today. Bought my new glasses---full size frames (he felt
'sorry' for me and only charged 1/2 price for the frames

$60.00)--beveled
edges---glare reduction tinted--not the 'from sun to shade
thingie'--progressive bifocals. They should be ready in 2 to 3 weeks.
NO fabric shopping for this gal for many moons......left $459.00 behind.

90
day warranty.
Nice thing--the frames FIT with a very MINOR adjustment : ) Now if we

are
LUCKY the lenses will 'fit' the first time round, too ; )
Bad part---the New Ins doesn't COVER vision : (
And we talked extensively about Lasix eye surgery for next year for
me.......$3000.00 for both eyes and I might end up with reading
glasses----who knows what they will be able to do by next year : )

Butterfly (7 years of glasses )