Old February 9th 08, 01:57 PM posted to rec.crafts.carving
Bitstreams

Default Looking for someone to carve detail in to oak steps

On 9 Feb, 00:03, "John O. Kopf" wrote:
contact Chip Chats at: *http://www.chipchats.org/
and tell them what you're looking for, and where you're located; they'll
help put you in touch with someone in your area.

JK

Bitstreams wrote:

Hello,

As part of the decoration of my hall I'm planning to put in oak
'steps' where the level changes (in 2 places).

I plan to insert a short piece of oak across the width of the hall
(only a metre) and wanted to have a small design carved in to it -
this would happen twice, with a Canadian Maple leaf carved in to one
and a Tudor rose in the other.

I think it's only a small job, but one I want completed well. All the
sculptors sites I've found locally make this project look very
insignificant.

Does anyone have any suggestions of sites or individuals I could
approach?

regards
Simojn- Hide quoted text -

Sorry, should have said I am in the UK