Old July 5th 04, 05:02 AM
Jeanine3

I see nothing (could have missed it) under "fair use" that directly
mentions translations, however I did find this:

http://www.legal-database.com/derivative-work.htm

Please forgive me as pasting it here is probably copyright infringement
so I just put the url. It's supposed to be "easy to understand" but I
don't understand it at all. :-(

thanks for the help!
Jeanine in Canada

Dr. Brat wrote:

If I were you, I would look up copyright rules under "fair use." In
other words, part of copywritten material may be used for teaching and
learning purposes as long as the teacher or employer owns an original
and as long as only a small percentage of the work in copied. Be sure
to cite the parts you translate and to note that it is your translation.

Elizabeth