Old September 28th 04, 01:57 AM
Gary Dickson

Wow! Where do you live and who do I call?! I have been looking for clay for
a couple of months now -- just in my spare time so I'm sure the answer is
out there. But, I have not found a good clay for what I want to do. I
learned of a place where they use to mine and process clay for bricks and
pipes 30-100 years ago -- this past weekend I went and found several
different types of clay all within a few miles. They seem promising -- but
we'll see. I started processing two samples today!

On 9/24/04 2:58 PM, in article
, "CNB"
wrote:

You can look in the yellow pages under top soil. Find the one that is the
crook that delivers clay instead of good sandy garden soil and you could
have a whole 15 yard truckload dumped in your garden. Ask me, I know from
experience. Just a few days ago that very thing happened to me. Only problem
is I wanted sandy garden soil not clay. Hmmmm. Now was I ripped off or is
this a gift from god. Being a potter I'm going to try it out. I grabbed a
hunk of it and wedged it. It passed the bending test right off the bat. I
could have clay for life.