Old February 6th 06, 05:59 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.needlework,rec.food.cooking

Default Attention, Necco-lovers (long)

"Cheryl Isaak" wrote in message
On 2/5/06 6:20 PM, in article
,
"Felice Friese" wrote:

As I recall, there are a couple of you on rctn and/or rfc, in which case
hope you enjoy this column from today's Boston Globe.

Felice

I happen to prize licorice and clove (black and purple) over the other
six
flavors. No one is lukewarm about licorice, Zimbalatti informs me; people
either love it or hate it. Chocolate (brown) is the most popular flavor
nationally but not in the Northeast, where wintergreen (white) holds
sway.
In the Midwest, by contrast, ''You can't give away wintergreen," says
Jeffrey Green, the company's vice president for research and development.
''They think it tastes like Pepto-Bismol."

Snip! I love Necco wafers and licorice and clove are my two favorites!

Never mind. The company will unveil in the next few months a new line of
Necco Wafers. This news is huge, right up there with the latest on Iran's
nuclear schemes, because aside from its brief experiment with a line of
tangy fruit flavors in the mid-'90s, Necco hasn't touched its flavor
lineup
since the 1930s.

I wonder what changes they will make!

Cheryl

For me it's licorice and chocolate. I wonder what the new ones will be and
why they think it necessary to mess with success?

Lucille