Old July 20th 11, 03:27 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
Trish Brown

Default Needing some tips about Dear Jane

Polly Esther wrote:
I don't know what I'm talking about but has that ever stopped me? NOoooo.
Trish mentioned thinking of using 30's repros for her fabric. 30's
repros to my mind are mostly happy silly grandma's apron, bubblegum pink
and kittens with mittens. The Dear Jane quilts I've seen (not many) have
been created with much more somber (how's that for a word?) tones.
Will somebody who knows please climb in here? Polly

Oo! MeMe! I'll climb in! See, I've been checking out as many blogs and
quilt-alongs as I can find, and people have done them in rainbow batiks,
marbles, 30s repros and even single colours on white or black. It was
the 30s prints that got me going: they're so darned pretty! The lovely
gelato-flavoured ones are my favourites and there's something about the
simple florals that's just so relaxing.

Do you think a charm square per block (plus background yardage) will do
it, Polly, or am I kidding meself?

--
Trish Brown {|:-}

Newcastle, NSW, Australia