Old December 18th 07, 03:18 AM posted to rec.crafts.pottery
ken hovanes

Default Trying to identify a vase

I was wondering if I might ask a question. I am trying to identify a
vase my wife bought (caution the images are large) and I thought
someone on this list might be able to help me out...

http://hovanes.com/vase.htm

Is the link, there are 2 images. I'm assuming it's from the 1950's or
so, perhaps a touch earlier, but I am not sure, and I think the script
on the bottom is Chinese. From what I have been able to find out, it
seems to mean something like hisoku. There is an additional sticker
like the writing on the vase on the side. It has the exact same
letters.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks,

Ken