Old April 16th 04, 01:17 PM
Joan Erickson

Ericka Kammerer wrote:

Like Barbara from LA I do under 20, over 20; that always seemed to be
enough for me. I don't grid aida and do linen only if there are lots of
open areas. My Bull Elk had lots of trees in the background and that
would have been near impossible to count! It's also useful if you are
stitching something with a long verse. BUT

... making the gridding threads line up with the lines marked on
the pattern.

This is very important! I didn't think about that when I did my first
gridding project and it kept messing me up! I finally had to draw new
lines on my chart to correspond with my gridding lines.
Good luck!
--
Joan

See my first-ever design he
http://www.heritageshoppe.com/joan.jpg

"Stitch when you are young and poor, frame when you are old and rich."
- Elizabeth's (rctn'r) sister's MIL (Barbara Marr)