Old April 16th 04, 11:46 AM
F.James Cripwell

Xstitchla1 ) writes:

Hello, back from lurking
I grid my large projects but instead of 10x10 I grid 20x20. On smaller
projects I baste in the center lines and if I have thread left over (at the top
or sides) i count over 20 stitches and grid an extra line. I don't usually take
the grid lines out as I stitch over them, but a few times I had to really work
to get the basting thread out. I am switching over to remove basting threads
when the pattern gets up to the basting.

Barbara in LA

I dont grid my work, but I have seen tips over the years, and a
couple of these have not been mentioned yet. It is advisable to grid with
thread that cannot be pierced with your stitching needle; a waxed
quilting thread, or monofilament like Dreema. This pretty well guarantees
you can pull the gridding thread out later.
Another suggestion was to use different colours, and then mark the
appropiate places on the chart with the same colour; e.g. a green line,
a blue line, a red line etc.
--
Jim Cripwell.
The gods do not subtract from the allotted span of one's life, any